Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Beach Combing

Recently my husband and I spent the day at Alki Beach. It was such a beautiful day and one of my favorite things to do is beach combing.





I can look for hours for that special something and in fact have many times until dark.




Pebbles shaped like hearts were a real find. Two in fact!







Almost perfect pebbles look adoreable in a nest.




"J" for Jill or Joyworks! I don't know what this rusty iron thing was, but I loved it. I found it in Mukilteo one day.




Driftwood is fun to stencil on.







This is my collection from many beach combing outings. From Belize, Roatan, Maui, Mukilteo and now Alki. So get out there and see what treasures you can find. Life is good at the Beach!

4 comments:

ByLightOfMoon said...

I love to find heart stones also and I Do find many too!

I miss Washington State as I used to live in Sumner, WA.

Smiles, Cyndi

Kimberly said...

I completely agree with you. There's nothing better than combing the beach for treasures. My husband and I recently spent a couple of days at Kure Beach NC and were up and on the beach most mornings at 6am. We found enough shells to fill an antique vinegar jar and make a lamp of. Priceless memories.
Kimberly

Anonymous said...

Hi from Las Vegas !
Having fun in the sun...I went to the CHANEL Store today...very fun!
See you soon...
Jana

Lisa of Lisa's Little House said...

I love the beachcombing hearts you found...what a treasure!
Best,
Lisa of Lisa's Little House